Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What I'm Seeing

I know everyone has to work, and do dishes, and pay taxes, and die; and all the other things that keeps them from reading and hearing all the different valid opinions out there; so I thought I'd compile a listing of some things about Obama that I'm seeing today.

(And why the hell is the embedded spell-checking hitting Obama as misspelled?)

Charlie Stross- English SF author- on Obama is a conservative and California's Prop 8, and why HE would have voted for him. (I'll note, because he took pains to make sure it happened this way, that he did not announce who he would have voted for until after the polls were closed).

PZ Meyers- noted atheist, biologist, professor, and blogger- on Obama's real challenge (and that he's conservative/centrist), and further context explanation of the original.

And, the ever present reality- punctuated by booing McCain supporters during the concession speech (maybe?): (via ModBlog by way of Warren Ellis)


I almost want to say that the things to do/focus on are watching who is picked as what for the admin; seeing if any bullshit comes from the Obama Camp like when Bush's admin accused the Clintons and their staff of stealing valuable pieces of art and furniture; relaxing because it's all over until Jan 20, 2009; and/or that the elections went smoothly, it was all very professional- and quick- and that McCain made a great speech as did Obama, neither deviating from basically expected prose.

However, I'm not that "bright and cheery message" guy. Instead, go look at Suburban Panic, Fafblog!, and WarrenEllis.com they all have funny, irreverent, or intentionally worrisome shite for you to waste away your days upon...