Friday, January 09, 2009

Depression + Southern + Food

What you'll need:

1 - Worst recession since the Great Depression
1 - Poor or Lower Middle Class, possibly Middle Middle Class, Background
1 - Tin Vienna Sausages, drained cut (lengthwise) into halves.
4 - Slices American Cheese, folded into quarters.
28 - Crackers (I prefer Ritz or Club; but whatever you can afford is good, too).
1 - Bottle of your favorite Hot Sauce

A Note on the Hot Sauce Selection:
There are two main Hot Sauce choices: Mexican or Cajun. Mexican tastes more like hot peppers (jalapenoes, etc), which I prefer for this dish. Cajun tends to be more vinegar and cayenne tasting, which I prefer for Red Beans and Rice.

Take 1 Cracker, 1 Quarter Cheese Slice, 1 Half Vienna Sausage, two squirts Hot Sauce, place second cracker on top to form a sandwhich. Enjoy.

This typically serves between 1 and 14, depending on the size, money, and ability to make do of the eaters.

In case you're wondering: This tastes fucking awesome.

Beverage Recommendation:
- Sweet Tea
or
- Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment