Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cancelled TV Shows

I watch a bunch of old canceled dramas, cause they're on Hulu, and because you never know- Firefly was canceled, and it was awesome. Currently, I'm watching New Amsterdam. The second episode, I figured out whodunit in about 4 minutes.

The premise is John Amsterdam was ensorcelled in the 1600s to live until he found his true love and his soul joined with hers, at which point he would become mortal again. Obviously, he's only just now found her, and he's a detective in the NYPD. Yeah, seemed like a shitty romantic action movie plot to me, too; especially when his true love turns out to be a down-and-out-on-love separated ER Doc.

I'm on episode 4. They're talking to a rape victim who escaped before she was killed. It's about as convincing as Santa Claus. And the FEMALE DETECTIVE, when the rape victim says "and then he did it" says "He penetrated you." Not a question, a statement. She had to spell it out to the victim at the hospital! So not a minute later the victim says "I kneed him in his... you-know." Does the Female Detective, whom we know to be concerned she understands the victim correctly given the earlier statement, spell out that the "you-know" is a PENIS? Nope.

So glad this show got canceled, I hope whoever wrote that scene died after a long and excruciating bout of dick cancer.


(I told my sister about it, she asked if they were going to use that bit to illustrate something. I said they wouldn't. They didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment