Saturday, March 07, 2009

Watch More Men?

The more I read about the WATCHMEN movie, the more I'm not interested in actually seeing it. Don't get me wrong, I will because I'm that kinda guy; but if I really had a choice, I doubt I'd go of my own volition.

Wired has two reviews up, one by a newcomer to Watchmen the other by a hardcore fanboy. The Newcomer gives it 6/10, the fanboy 7/10.

Both reviews mention the plots and the differences between the movie and the comic; though the fanboy's goes further into detail. And that detail reveals why I'm sure I won't like the movie. Ignoring the changed ending, they fucked with Rorschach, Ozymandias, and the whole principle of the book.

So it's a different medium, yeah? And there should be changes, yeah? And why did they get the funding to make this movie, huh? The source material was badass. So if you've taken the idea of the original, fucked it in the asshole, and then barely laid the original framework over the retard baby that's ass birthed as a result; have you made a new thing, or something based on something else?

Fight Club was an awesome movie. Even Chuck P, supposedly, said it was better than the book- in fact, I think, he said it was just as good, and that if you'd seen the movie first the book didn't compare. It took the original ideas, kept them, and then changed the ending almost completely. Yet it was a perfect adaptation- the same and not quite the same.

Watchmen, The Movie... They should've just changed the name and called it "inspired by".

No comments:

Post a Comment