The commenters over there compare it to a Star Trek symbol, and an @ symbol.
Frankly, they're both right. I though @ symbol, myself. That's fucking stupid. We're so unique we make stylized ASCII art to represent ourselves. I'd really like to see who at the Atheist Alliance International convention voted for this. More importantly, I'd like to see what the OTHER submissions looked like.
I'm not opposed to a symbol, per se; but I am opposed to shitty symbols.
I think a line of symbols would be appropriate:
A picture of "Christ of the Cross", in a circle, with a line through it.
A picture of the "Star of David", in a circle, with a line through it.
A picture of "Something Muslim/Hindu/Budhist/Other", in a circle, with a line through it.
Not good enough? How about:
A big middle finger raised triumphantly, with a caption: "We Actually Know"

No comments:
Post a Comment