Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympics

FINALLY!

The olympics are over, and we can all go about ignoring China and Tibet again. THANK, FUCKING, ME! (I, after all, am just as responsible as "God", but I happen to exist).

I enjoyed watching the swimming- I was a swimmer in my youth; and the beach volleyball, and many of the other events. However, I was tired of hearing about China. I have a feeling that they will be the next superpower, due to their current position as such a large producer and consumer. (Larger in both than the US is, in fact). I'm certain to continue hearing whiny little bitches bemoaning the poor treatment of Tibetans- like their ancestral theocracy was any better- and all about how cruel and mean the Chinese government is; but now it won't be all over the place and damn near unavoidable. Well, within a month or two, anyway.

When signing off, the Anchor for NBC- you look him up, I don't care if he has a name, or not- said it was the most memorable olympics he had ever broadcast from. If I remember correctly, he said the same thing about Athens four years earlier. It's bad that, either, the talking heads are so easy to read when they're lying and insincere, or they're so stupid and bad at their jobs that they just sound that way. Of course, there's a third option: I'm a cynical prick who doesn't trust those people. I'm betting it's number three; but I'll only admit to the first two in public!

At least in four years, we'll be able to understand a bit more of the opening and closing ceremonies, we lazy ass English-speaking monoglots.