Thursday, August 07, 2008

I Hate Apple

I hate Apple. A lot of this hate is generated from the fanatical bullshit spewed by avid mac-lovers. I'm not exactly a Microsoft fan- matter of fact, I laugh loud and vindicatedly whenever I see the stories of how XP is still out-selling Vista.

And don't get me started on the sheer fucking balls of those stupid "'Hi I'm a Mac.' 'And I'm a PC.'" commercials. I'm fairly resigned to the fact that commercials are full of lies- much like governments. And just like governments, I get especially pissed when the lying is blatant and not covered-up. I don't necessarily want commercials that don't lie- mainly because I doubt that will EVER happen without HUGE amounts of censorship (if even then). I do want ad agencies to at least make the attempt to obfuscate their bullshit. Laziness is unbecoming in politicians and whores. (Is there a difference there?)

Further proof that Apple is just as bad- or worse- than Microsoft, especially after their recent DNS debacle (originally found at Wired.com), is this (from Slashdot.org). Apple isn't paying its people their overtime.

Let's state this clearly, so everyone can hear it:
There is absolutely nothing a Mac can do that a PC can't do just as well. PCs are far more expandable and upgradeable than Macs. There are no problems on PCs that aren't on Macs. Linux is a better solution than both.

I still use Microsoft XP Pro because it's idiotically simple. And most people/businesses in the US also use MS- so portability of programs and file types is simpler. (Yes, that does mean I hate Java, so what?)

No comments:

Post a Comment